TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I did a lot of research on 996 Turbos recently, including
People Seeking Info

Subject I did a lot of research on 996 Turbos recently, including

Posted by WhiTTe Z on October 05, 2015 at 4:37 PM
  This message has been viewed 526 times.

In Reply To You're right 996 are a great bargain now. posted by MULTI-Z on October 02, 2015 at 10:07 PM

Message asking around and searching on the 6speed forum. I wasn't considering one for myself, but my friend who is not a gear-head was considering getting one. I was thinking about a Cayman S for a daily car.
While the 996T are good bargains right now that will probably appreciate if left garaged and not driven, as an investment, don't expect to make any profit if you actually want to drive it.

I came to the conclusion that if you buy one with around 50K miles and don't do any of the work yourself (dealership only), you will likely average around $1/mile on maintenance over the course of ownership (say if you were to own it from 50Kmiles-100Kmiles, you can expect to pay about $50K in maintenance).

This isn't something I made up, this is straight from the mouth of people that own them. The rough figures I was seeing was an average of $1000/month on just small maintenance things for the people that daily drive them. (About 1/3 of the costs was mechanical failures, 1/3 was preventative maintenance/fluid changes, and 1/3 was stupid things like window motors or interior electronics)

You have to pay to play in the borderline exotic world.

"Stance: cuz goin fast cost money yo (n/m) - ZiNnYc
08/09/12 18:23:42"

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.